Wednesday, July 26, 2006

There is nothing sweeter than getting on the "A" train headed up town to Albany, as my friends like to say, at midnight and discovering that it's making express stops. There is nothing worse than getting on the "A" train headed up town, to Albany as my friends like to say, at midnight and discovering that all "A" trains stop at 168 and you'll have to take a shuttle the rest of the way home. The joys of being at the mercy of someone else to get where you're going.

Speaking of the trains. I can't for the life of me figure out what barn some of the people who ride the train were raised in. In the past week, I have watched more people throw their garbage on the floor of the train as if some little fairy is going to swoop down and pick it up. Tonight on the way home there was a 2" pile of sunflower seeds on the floor. Would you do this at home? Do you really think that someone cleans up after you?

My other NYC pet peeve which is not really all that New York specific is: Why do people not realize they should get their wallets out of their purses/backpacks/pockets before they get to the register. I waited at least 10 minutes today for a woman to find her purse, get the bills out, scrounge for the correct change, realize she didn't have it, look for another bill, and then get her change. MY GOD, it's money. Most of us start using it at around 7 or 8. These things should not be that difficult. Just get the money out and pay. It's a simple one, two, three.

Now I feel better.

3 comments:

Larry said...

Public transportation? What's that?

:)

I hear you about the change thing though!

Ur-spo said...

I first encountered this sort in college - schoolmate left his coffee cup on the floor as we left class. I mentioned this (as another class would soon enter).
"Oh, I pay tuition for someone to pick it up".

Jimmi said...

I agree with you on these peeves. I hate that people decide to litter wherever they please. Phoenix is probably one of the cleanest cities I have ever been in, but honestly there must be a garbage fairy looking after our city, because I see people just throwing stuff all over the place. Don't get me started on the smoke belching old cars!

Hey Maddog, I want to thank you for your comment on my blog, I did post a reply to it and hope you understand where I was coming from.

Thanks Jimmi