Monday, July 24, 2006

Thanks for the feedback and support concerning D.L.C. I appreciate what everyone had to say. If anyone has any advice on how to proceed I would greatly appreciate it. What really sucks these days is how much time I spend thinking about it. I argued with him for at least two hours today...in my head. If I could just let this play out the way it does in my head I would leave him speechless and wondering what the fuck he did by breaking up with me. But unfortunately, I don't argue well in real life so we'll have to see how it goes.

As I mentioned a few posts ago, I have been walking my ass off lately. My best guess is that I walked about 5 miles today. I took the subway to Battery Park and then explored the Financial District. I checked out South Street Seaport, Battery Park, and Wall Street. I lived near the Seaport in 2001 so I walked by my old apartment and was amazed and how much it had changed. From Lower Manhattan I walked north along Broadway and West Broadway to Greenwich Village and then continued north to The Empire State Building at 34th Street.

I kind of felt like a tourist today. I had my camera and snapped pictures of things that caught my interest and just wandered along. I had originally planned to ride the Staten Island Ferry since it's free and anything free right now is exactly in my price range, but the crowds were insane. I think I'll wait until after school starts and some of these people have gone away.


The whole point of all this walking is to lose weight. I gained a lot of weight after D.L.C. dumped me and I am ready to get rid of it. Unfortunately, I can't afford a gym membership until I become a little more professionally stable, thus the walking. It's free and with the heat we've been experiencing it shouldn't take long to sweat my ass off. At least that's the plan. Now if I could only lose the weight before I run into you know who.


2 comments:

Larry said...

The hub of western civilization is your walking route :) I have no concept of what that must be like.

I wish I had advice for you, but I'm a lot worse than you when it comes to fearing a run-in with my past.

Ur-spo said...

thank you for the photos; I love to visit NYC in the fall; this whets my appetite to get there and do some walking myself!