Tuesday, July 25, 2006

It seems that weight loss is the issue of the day. I read at least 4 or 5 blogs today that dealt with losing weight. I did my part today. According to a rough guesstimate on Mapquest I walked about 5 miles. My goal isn't to bore anyone with my talk of walking it's just that I'm tired of being fat and it's one of several things I know that I can do about it, and since I write about my life here, you'll just have to listen.

I have no idea what my weight was when I moved to NYC. I had banned myself from the scale several months ago, and now that I am doing something about it I don't have my scale with me. It's conveniently still in San Diego. So instead of focusing on weight loss, I'm trying to focus on what I can do every day. I don't have the money for a gym membership at the moment and so walking it is. For the past two weeks, and even while I was in Maine, I have made a point of trying to get at least a little walking in every day. I get off the subway many stops before I need to, or I walk several stops before I get on, and once I am down in the heart of the city I don't use the trains at all. I walk everywhere I need to be.

I can tell that I have lost weight. My clothes don't fit as tight and well trust me you can just tell. It would help to know how much, but I am trying not to focus on that at the moment. It's one step at a time...literally. And so I...
Walk on through the wind,
Walk on through the rain,
Tho' your dreams be tossed and blown.
Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone.

Sorry, got lost in my gayness there for a moment. Nothing like a little Carousel to pick you up and push you over the edge. But I am certainly thankful that I am not doing this alone. Weight loss without support can be a difficult thing to do. So for everybody out there pulling for me...Thanks.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

keep up the good work...isn't it nice when you don't have to suck in as much to get into your clothes...(I still have to suck in a little, but not alot)... just know you have a little support group out here... rock on!

Ur-spo said...

I think you are going about the right way; focusing on function rather than weight. Sometimes there is 'weight change' as you loose fat, gain lean muscle. Keep up the walking and tell us what you see and find. NYC would be wonderful to do this in.

A Bear in the Woods said...

I had been walking in the evening, and about a week ago, I just started getting up early in t6he morning to walk. I've always said that I wasn't a morning person, but I'm turning into one. Maybe it's the heat.