Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I've got a question for the other bloggers who read this...all two of you. When you sit down to write do you actually know what you are going to write or do you just let it pour forth?

For the past couple of days I have actually put some thought into what I was going to write, actually thinking it all out in my head. And then I sit down at my computer and it's off to the races, in another direction. I don't actually mind this. I tell myself it's because what I am writing is more important to say than what I thought I would write. Who knows. It'll all come out in the wash.

The weather here in NYC was insane today. I have no idea what the high temperature was but it was HOT! Don't get me wrong I am not complaining. I spent the last three years in San Diego where it's a balmy 73 degrees most days. So I have been loving the humidity. Of course I have great air conditioning as well so it is tolerable. So hurray for the heat.

In honor of the weather today. I walked from W. 4th Street to 95th Street on the Upper West side. According to Mapquest it's almost 6 miles. Needless to say I AM TIRED. But I also feel great. It felt good to be outside sweating, working to get this weight off. Of course I was a little wet when I got to the meeting I was going to, but it was casual and no one seemed to notice.

One day down. Many, many, more to go.

5 comments:

Ur-spo said...

Maddog; some comments<
I bet there are a lot of people reading you that you don't realize. Michael and Temporary Trouble Spots tells me it took him some time for the 'stalkers' to become 'commenters'. So keep writing and more will come/leave word too.
I am too new at blogging to write much spontaneously; I compose ahead of time an idea that grabbed me. It gets edited and reworked, then posted. Only a few are 'spontaneous'. I think when I have more ease and courage they will be more like that.

Anonymous said...

I never edit and rarely think of what I'm going to post. A posts topic comes right before it's blogged about - of course there have been some exceptions. Also, I try to never edit a post as it changes the way I was feeling at the time it was posted.

Unknown said...

When I blog it really depends on my mood, and also how many pictures I may have taken...I love taking pictures of my friends and things going on in life... A picture is worth a thousand words...so less typing, hehehe...anyway...I never edit (unless I notice a big ole typo)... because if I did, it would change the mood of the post....as my mood changes day to day...and it does take while for folks to start posting comments, but that does not mean they are not reading...have great day and good luck with the DVR

Larry said...

I have ideas for things I want to blog about every so often, but most of my entries are just whatever is in my head. And then sometimes I just rip of other people's ideas :)

Sorry it was so hot yesterday.

dirk.mancuso said...

I pretty much just sit down and write whatever comes to mind (as should be evident by much of the crap I post).

I agree with the other comments that it takes a while for folks to posts comments. I usually read a blog for at least a month to get a feel for the writer and what/who they are talking about so I can make informed comments.

If you're curious how many people actually come by your blog, install a stat counter. I was amazed at the number of people who come by and never comment (and where they are from is almost as interesting...I cannot believe I have a couple of readers in Spain!)