Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July. What a great day to celebrate our freedom. Of course this is assuming that a couple of years from now we'll still be free what with everything our government is doing to keep us down these days. That's enough though. I promised myself I wouldn't get all bitchy today, since it is a holiday celebrating our country.

My 4th was mostly a waste. Slept until noon, which I needed after last nights events that included drinking most of the day. Met up with my friend M.M. and her friends who were cleaing up S.'s garage. Then walked down to where the water was supposed to be, but the fog was so heavy you couldn't see across the street, let alone the water. Ate some lunch, walked the dog, ate some more and then just as we walking down to get a place to watch the fireworks the skys opened and it began to pour. So much for the festivities. The rain however didn't last long so we walked down to the water, ate some dinner purchased at a "street vendor" then decided that although the fireworks would be fun, it wasn't worth braving the west nile virus we were surely catching from the attach of the mosquitos. Ended up at a M. and E.'s house where we watched Munich. We were about half way thru when the explosions from the fireworks began and so we stopped the movie and discovered that we could see most of the display from their yard. So we watched the celebration, called it a night and came home. Of course by then M. M.M.'s dog was a mess. The explosions scared the shit out of her and she'll probably be on Prozac by the end of the week.

One of the things I did today was download my pictures from the drag show last night. So I promised you a few and so here you go. Please let me know what you think about the boys. They worked hard and the show was great. If you've never seen a drag king show, I highly recommend checking one out.











No comments: