Monday, July 03, 2006

I am no longer a San Diego resident. At 1:00 p.m. my plane taxied down the runway and took off. So long dudes.

I am now in Portland, Maine after flying all day. It was really uneventful. All my flights were on time, I actually got to Portland 15 minutes early and so here I am.

I don't really have much to say tonight. I am tired and I have been told that I have to be up early in the morning to help set up for a little gathering that's taking place tomorrow evening at a neighbors house. My best friend M.M. is a lesbian. Living in Maine. Wearing flannel. With a short hair cut. No stereotype here, nope no way.

Anyway, she and several of her friends have decided to put together a Drag King show. Yes, women dressed as men, lip syncing songs. If you haven't ever seen a Drag King show, they are hysterical. I have laughed my ass off everytime. It even involves putting money in risque places. So now think Judy Garland and Andy Rooney. I have a garage let's put on a play. So the girls/guys are having a party in a garage with a stage and lights (that's where I come in) and tomorrow at 8:00 p.m. the curtain goes up on the show and they are expecting a crowd of about 50.

However, on my first day of vacation I have been told to be downstairs at 9:00 a.m. sharp to begin my day. There is equipment to pick up and set up. The is rehearsal to be done. There is a sound system to be figured out. There's booze to buy.

Since I am a boy and can't lift heavy things you can probably figure out what I have to do. I have to figure out if the stage configuration works. I have to set up the lights. I'll probably even end up cutting up fruit for the Sangria that's being made for the event. And the best part, I am running sound for the show, which means I can't get drunk until after the last person performs...maybe.

I hope this doesn't sound like I don't want to play. I can hardly wait. It sounds like the show is going to be a blast based on what I have heard so far. And I would do anything M.M. asked of me, so there's that. And well, plain and simple it just sounds fun. Not to mention, by this time tomorrow night I plan on being well into tipsy.

So wish me luck that I don't make any mistakes running the show and get beaten up by a lesbian who's pissed off that I played the wrong song at the wrong time. And wish me luck thaq I am not too drunk to blog about all of this tomorrow. Perhaps if I can get their permission, I'll post some pictures to show you what I am talking about.

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

glad to hear you are safe and sound on the east coast; keep us posted!