Saturday, July 01, 2006

I woke up today as tired as I was when I went to bed. I felt as though I had been beaten with a bat and left for dead. Unfortunately, my day did not allow for me to stay in bed so up and at 'em I went.

I had a million things to do today:

Return the cable box. This was as bad as the DMV. I had to take a number and then wait half an hour. It was in the middle of no where, and it's funny, one of the reasons I have been saying I want to leave San Diego is because it's not very diverse. We have whites, Mexicans, and Asians. There are only about 3 black people in the whole city, and I went to school with all three of them. Except, I discovered today, it's not that there are no black people it's just that they are all kept south of the 94. Who knew.

Return the bolt cutters. I had a storage closet above my parking space and for the life of me I could not find the key that fit the lock. So I borrowed bolt cutters from school and Wednesday night at 2 a.m. I ripped the lock off the door. Notice I didn't say cut the lock. The cutters ripped the latch right off the door. There goes my deposit. I really wished I had just left the stuff behind there was absolutely nothing I needed.

Returning the bolt cutters required going to school, so while I was there I picked up the last of my belongings and turned in my keys. I am no longer a grad student in San Diego. It might have been sad if anyone had been around but the place was deserted.

Mail my printer to NYC. Spent 30 bucks mailing my printer to New York so that I can print resumes when I get there and perhaps find a job. It would have almost been just as cheap to buy a new one.

Buy a new digital camera. I wanted a new camera that was small enough to fit in my pocket that I could throw in my backpack and not worry constantly about. So off I go to Best Buy to by the camera. And then to Costco. Then to Best Buy. Then to Costco. Then to Best Buy. Then to Costco. I knew when I started the day what I wanted so I went to Best Buy, checked out the price discovered it was no longer on sale. Went to Costco bought the camera, but they were out of memory. Went to Best Buy to buy memory and was told by the cute camera boy that my choice might not have been the best one. Went back to Costco to see if they had the better choice. When back to Best Buy to get a second opinion and then ultimately bought the recommended choice. It came backed by not one but two cute Best Buy camera boys. So at this point I own two camera, which required one last trip back to Costco to return the original camera.

There is a point to all of this so please keep reading. So as I said I started the day tired. So tired I ran a red light on the way to the cable company and almost rear-ended another person. I felt like I was driving drunk. So on my last trip to Best Buy at 4:30 I was talking to my best friend M.M. We were discussing my trip on Sunday to Maine to see her, her psychotic girlfriend that she loves very much but is driving her crazy, my camera escapades, and life. So in the midst of this phone call I realize that I have to pee. So I head toward the restroom and am finishing up the call. As I am saying goodbye I have walked up to the urinal. I unzip, tell M.M. I love her and begin to pee. Except, I haven't pulled my dick out. I immediately feel warm water trickling down my leg and freak. Luckily, I have loose fitting shorts on so the pee missed the short but really soaked my boxers and made a mess on the floor. I was/am so embarrassed. How could I pee and forget to take my dick out of my pants. The best part was, I was on the wrong side of town to go home and change, I had half an hour to pick up my friend J.G. for dinner, and my boxers were soaked. So I spent the next couple of hours sitting in wet underwear hoping the heat didn't cause them to start to smell. It was really quite disgusting.

So I think I should get to bed now, so I don't end up doing something far worse tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

dear me that was a dreadful day.
best remedy is to pamper yourself a little tomorrow.