Monday, January 08, 2007

Welcome to the first "real" Monday of the new year. Many people dedicate their blogs to certain things on certain days. There's "Tap That Thursday" here, and Eye Candy Monday here, Sesame Street here, and Sunday Snippets here. My Mondays are going to be dedicated to checking in. I'll let you know how much weight I've lost in the last week, my total loss, and just how I am doing. It's just a way to track my progress and be accountable so here goes...

Weight Loss This Week: 4 pounds
Total Weight Lost: 22.5 pounds
Miles Walked: 10 miles (I try and do 2 miles a day)

Overall it was a good week. I saw my psychiatrist on Wednesday. Things there are status quo. The only real catch is that he thinks some of the weight gain might be because one of my drugs is known for slowing the metabolism. He's a little hesitant to do anything about it because I'm leaving for Iowa and emotionally the drugs seem to be doing what they are supposed to. I'll check in with him when I return from Iowa on Spring Break to see how my weight loss is going and how I'm dealing with being away from NYC.

Went to 5.5 meetings this week in my 12-step group. Things there are going well. Someday I'll be brave enough to talk about that here.

I leave for Iowa on Friday. I'm a little nervous, but that's to be expected. Called today to get electric, cable, etc. turned on and in my name. I'll be a couple of days without the Internet but I'll warn you before that happens.

I found someone to sublet my apartment for the part of the time I'm gone, so I'll save about 2,500 dollars while I am away.

Signed and returned my lease on the house I am renting today along with contracts from Tulsa (did I mention I'm doing three shows there next summer) and my design contract for school. Still waiting on my teaching contract and the money for moving.

I played the lottery today. I only do it when the jackpot is huge. It's 122 million for tomorrow night. If I win I'll fly all of you to NYC to visit me for a week in the spring. Well at least the ones who comment on today's post.


That's it for my first check-in Monday. I need a snappy title for these posts. Any ideas?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your endeavours. Sounds like 2007 is going to be a happenin' year for you!

Thomas (Tom) Rimington said...

Oh.... pick me! PICK ME!!!

Unknown said...

great job on the weight... keep it up...and for me it does help to post it for everyone to see, it does hold you more accountable... keep it up... good luck in the midwest and if I dont win the lotto, and you do, I fly out of RIC, heheheh

KipEsquire said...

"If I win I'll fly all of you to NYC..."

So if I'm already in NYC, then where will you fly me? (Hopefully not Iowa.) ;-)

Donnie said...

WOO HOO....congrats on the weight loss! :) Keep up the great job.

Sounds like almost all your ducks are in a row before your trip out west.

Good luck tomorrow night with the lottery.

Mike said...

TheHusband and I played that farce of a lotto on NYD. They sucked $100 out of his pocket that could have gone to botox for me.

So... uhm... if you win... keep me in mind.

Anonymous said...

first, thanks for the shout out to Tap That Thursday. :) I like this Monday checking in. It should make me more accountable also. :)

I so hope you win the lottery. I have always wanted to see NYC.

Pete said...

How about just Maddog Monday? I wish you good luck in the lottery. I bought a bunch of tickets too. And then there's the work pool...Hey I think I could of gone out to dinner for all the tickets I purchased today.

Ur-spo said...

i like the notion of check in mondays.
I eagerly await your reports from Iowa, land of Giants.

Spider said...

Good luck on the weight - I need to do the same thing - maybe we can be weightloss buddies... btw - I have never been to Iowa...

As for your Monday title, maybe "Maddog's Meandering Monday" or "Maddog's Monday Mission" - or maybe "My Monday Memo"...