Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Nothing like promising to fly people to NYC to get them to comment on my blog. I'll have to make promises more often. Ten comments is an all time record for me. Unfortunately for those who've already packed for their visit, I didn't win. On five plays I only guessed two numbers correctly. I guess I'll have to try again later in the week.

I had a very long day today. I was up and out of the house by 8:45. For me that's no small feat. In fact, I got up early enough to have coffee and watch the news before I left home. From here I rode the train an hour to my sponsor's house to go over my plan of attack while I am away from home. We spent almost three hours talking. I don't know how much you guys know about 12 step recovery but spending three hours on your spiritual well being is a luxury everyone should have several times a week. It set the tone for the rest of the day which was equally wonderful.

I had lunch with W.C., my sponsor, and then headed back home. When I got here, I started working on my desk. I have lived in my apartment for 3 months and today is the first day I have sat at my desk to use my computer. I have been sitting at the coffee table, situated between tchotchkes. Because of how I sit, my left leg eventually goes to sleep making it impossible to stand when I've finished reading the blogs I read. But not tonight. Tonight I have a desk. I'll get to use it three nights before I shove off for the Midwest.

The other magical thing that happened today is that all of my DVD's miraculously alphabetized themselves. Actually I did it. My roommate has been giving me grief about it since I moved in. It was impossible to find anything because they were a mess. So today I spent almost two hours getting the DVD's in order. It's great to finally have it done. What it also does, is make me realize that I have duplicates of seven movies. Whoops.

I ended my day by having dinner with my friend M.L. We ate at a restaurant called The Place. I have walked by it a million times but never eaten there. The food was good, but the portions were tiny. I joked as we finished our main courses..."What are we having for dinner?" It was also rather expensive for what we got and the atmosphere. Over 100 bucks and there was no alcohol involved. Hmm. There are several other restaurants in the area that are much better that cost less. That being said, the company was delightful. M.L. is one of my favorite people in the world. He knows pretty much everything there is to know about me, and still he likes me. He's also helped me out of a couple of binds I have gotten myself into over the years, both financially and professionally. He's super and I am going to miss him while I am out of the city.

Hope everyone had a great Tuesday. See you tomorrow.

P.S. My friend T.M. knows that I have a blog, since I sort of mentioned it tonight in a phone call. Whoops. The question now is...Do I give him the link? He's a great friend, and knows most of my secrets. He's also not someone I talk about in an unpleasant manner. But then there's the fact that no one I know knows about the blog. My question to you guys--Do I tell him? Do I keep it a secret? What would you do?

4 comments:

Spider said...

If he is a good friend, you trust him and you have kinda already opened the door so go ahead and give him the link.

As for alphabetizing CD's, I have always done that - and my music CD's (and my albums) I go so far as to alphabetize by male vocal, female vocal, group, Soundtracks, etc. Yes, it is true that I have no life...

Donnie said...

It sounds like you had a very productive day! I love those days when you get a lot accomplished.

My music collection is alphabetized first by artist, then by album name. It's my OCD.

I wouldn't press the issue of your blog, but if T.M. does happen to ask about it again leter, I'd be truthful.

Jimmi said...

Yeah that would work for me too, Where's my ticket? LOL ;)

Ur-spo said...

i agree with Mr. Spider.
If he is a good friend he will be OK; you've written nothing nasty or untruthful so you have nothing to hide right?
Most newcomers just read the first few pages anyway.
When in doubt, don't. Wait to see if he brings it up/asks if you are dubious.