Thursday, January 11, 2007

I've mentioned in the past couple of weeks that I sent an email in support of Sears's advertising campaign to LOGO via the AFA website. The AFA is The American Family Association. They are quite a scary group of people. Their main focus seems to be against homosexuality. I know this because I get emails from them now asking me to sign other petitions, send money, or today, buy a video. I continue to get the emails because I figure it's good to know what the enemy has in store for us, and what they are up to.

Today was especially scary. It was an offer to buy their video It's Not Gay for a steal of only 10 dollars. The email made me curious and so I considered buying it. Perhaps it's not too late for me to be cured of the disease of homosexuality. Of course as I later learned, it meant I'd have to stop sucking dick and I like that too much to seriously give it up so I decided not to buy the video. What I did do though, was find it on the Internet for free. It's terrifying that they are allowed to say the things they say. They quote ridiculous statics, and interview people that probably should not be allowed to do the jobs they are listed as doing, and through it all they make a case against being gay.

At the end of the video they make a case for calling the Portland Fellowship. It's an organization that has been created to help all of us silly queens stop decorating and start drinking beer on Sundays and watching football. I've already ordered my "Girls Gone Wild" Video for when the transformation has taken place.

As a public service I've posted the It's Not Gay video on my blog. Take a look at it. It's about 35 minutes long but you only have to watch about 15 minutes to get the overall opinion they are offering. On the AFA website it says this video is perfect for Sunday school classes and teens, to warn them of the effects of homosexuality. I truly fear the damage these people are doing to the minds of young people across the world. All in the name of Jesus Christ. Perhaps tonight I'll say a little prayer that they stop the harm they are doing. I have a friend who says it's important to pray for your enemies and if these people aren't my enemies I don't know who is.

""

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course in the name of the Lord. I knew a girl who was part of something very similar. She would scream about my sins, yet, the little trollup would dump her kid off at friends, go away for a weekend with many different men (some married) and yet and, poof, Sunday morning, her sins were excused.

Isn't a sin a sin?

KipEsquire said...

An important thing to remember about ex-gay propaganda is that the only ex-gays are professional ex-gays (i.e., people like these -- who are in the business of being "former homosexuals" and are being paid to say what they say, no different than any actor).

Demand creates it own supply.

Anonymous said...

The real sad thing is the scores of "normal" people who really believe this is possible.
My college roommate - gay as the day is long - cheated on his wife with a guy, went through Exodus and is now married to another ex-gay. It's a COMPLETELY created life, monitored carefully so that it can be held up for inspection as "proof" of change.
But they're still sucking on sausages or munching on carpet when no one's looking.
As so much of Christianity taught me growing up, reality didn't really matter so long as the projected image was to spec.

Donnie said...

These organizations and people just make me feel sad.

I'm glad you're trying to show them for what they really are...nutjobs!

Spider said...

The things that are done in the name of religion - and the things that are NOT done for the same reasons...

Pete said...

How sad these people are. Nothing is really surprising about it. Propoganda for their cause.

Anonymous said...

I am just surprised that people really make videos and shit like this.