Sunday, January 14, 2007

The ark is almost finished. We are gathering the animals now to load them on the boat. With any luck the floods won't come until it's finished. Damn, has it been raining. Non-stop since Friday afternoon. I don't know how much we've gotten but the original forecast called for 4 or 5 inches total. Of course this doesn't even compare to what I get to deal with tomorrow. I head northwest tomorrow morning. Leaving Lexington, heading to Louisville, then to Indianapolis, on toward Peoria, and finally into Iowa. As best I can tell the worst of the weather is occurring today (freezing rain and ice) and the roads should be okay by the middle of the day tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed. The last thing I need is to get stranded in the middle of Illinois. I'm staying in a hotel tomorrow night so I'll be able to post more (no more dial-up) and I'll actually be able to find out what all of you have been up to this weekend.

One last bit of information. The temperature here today is 60. Tomorrow in Iowa it'll be around 15. That's a big change. How long do you think it'll take to find an Iowan corn fed boy to keep me warm. Just a thought.

9 comments:

Spider said...

As great a guy as you are, my guess is you are going to have to fight them off with a stick! The intelligent professor from "the big city" - yea - YOU my friend are going to be a major league catch!

Donnie said...

Just be careful driving through that mess. We want you to get to Iowa in one piece.

Good luck with those big, strapping Iowa farm boys! ;)

Pete said...

Have a safe drive and don't pick up any hitch hikers.

Sorted Lives said...

When you find that Iowan corn fed boy, ask if he has a cute daddy!!

Anonymous said...

Tell me about it. It's rained in Arkansas for two days straight and is suppose to all day today (Monday) as well.

Hope you have a good and safe trip. Be careful and I hope you find a good Iowan corn fed boy. :)

Mike said...

About 15 minutes, if memory serves.

Either that, or I'm just really good. ;)

A Bear in the Woods said...

I think if you just make yoursef known at any of the major "corn" outlets you shouldn't have any trouble at all. With any luck the cornboys will be lining up for you.

Ur-spo said...

please please please drive carefully as you proceed towards the Land of Giants.

Joel said...

This has been crazy hasn't it? The temp sure is dropping now though...looks like we will find some winter afterall.