Tuesday, January 16, 2007

It's Monday, so it's time for Maddog's Weekly Something. I still don't have a title for it, and I am too tired to be creative at the moment.

So for this week:

Weeks Weight Loss: 0
Total Weight Loss: 22.5
Exercise: Walked about a mile (I spent the week getting ready to leave)
Miles Driven: 1,700.

I spent the weekend in Lexington, Kentucky with my mom. It was an uneventful trip. We spent some time with relatives on Saturday, which included a trip to IHOP. It's very difficult to find things on the menu at IHOP that are healthy. I settled on an omelet and it was the size of Vermont. It's no wonder all of America is getting fatter by the minute. Saturday afternoon was topped off with a two hour nap. It was absolutely wonderful. It even involved sex with two college boys. And I never dream about sex.

Saturday evening I saw my friend T.C. She and I talked about old times, tried to figure out the meaning of our lives and schemed about ways for me to be in Lexington and make money as a designer. Keep you fingers crossed that something comes through for this summer.

Sunday was a day long trip to Cincinnati. It was coordinated so two of my aunts, along with my mom and my brother would journey to my father's favorite restaurant, The Schoolhouse. The restaurant has the best fried chicken in the world and everything is family style, so the sides keep coming until you are full. And if you are a family of eater's that can mean many refills on the sides. Once again it's no wonder that most of America is the size of a house. I treated everyone to lunch as a Christmas present.

After lunch we journeyed through Cincinnati. There used to be a candle discount/outlet store on Reading Road, but as we discovered yesterday that store along with all the other stores in the shopping center are gone. We also drove by a house I used to live in, which was much smaller than I remembered and the fountain in Eden Park. Then we continued home...in the rain.

The big news is...as of today I am in Iowa. I left Lexington this morning at 7:30. It was still raining (and had been since Friday) and was 67 degrees. My trip took me northwest through Louisville, then Indianapolis, then west to Peoria, then northwest to the Quad Cities (I don't know what they are, but it's assumed everyone knows about them when you are in Iowa) and then west on into Iowa where it's now -2 degrees. I arrived at my hotel at 6:30. It's a dump but it's home for the evening. I get the keys to my house tomorrow morning. I'll take pictures and post them.

Tomorrow, I make a list of all the things I need for my new place and head to the Wal-Mart Superstore just up the street. I hate that I have to shop there, but there are few options here for shopping anywhere else. So it's either Wal-Mart or no blankets, plates, trash cans, laundry detergent etc. I'm sure it won't kill me, but I won't like it. Tomorrow evening I plan to spend several hours starting to plan for my classes. I'll have a week to prepare before my classes start next Tuesday.

That's my week in a glance. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes as I drove through the ice storm. By the time I got to it the worst was over and the roads were cleared. I had prepared myself that if things got too bad I would stop in a hotel where ever I needed to. Luckily that didn't happen. Oh, and by the way I didn't win the lottery on Friday either. So no trips to NYC anytime soon.

6 comments:

Sorted Lives said...

Sounds like you have a fun week ahead, sure beats mine. Enjoy Iowa!

Spider said...

Sounds like the excitement is beginning and the fun is about ready to start... I sure hope it is everything that you expect it to be - and so much more!

Donnie said...

Sounds like a nice weekend.

I'm SO glad you made it to Iowa safely. I know what you mean about Wally World...I loathe going there, but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet.

Good luck with the upcoming classes.

Ur-spo said...

I am glad you are safe and doing well.

Pete said...

Glad to hear you made it safe and sound. I hear you on Walmart.

BriteYellowGun said...

All I know, all I owe, I owe I-O-Way. I owe I-O-Way all I owe and I know why. Cuz on I-O-Way corn I'm fed, and on I-O-Way beef I'm bred, not to mention her barley, wheat and rye!

Sorry, got carried away. I'm picturing you in a cute little town kinda like the one Julia Roberts escaped to in "Sleeping With the Enemy". Is it anything like that?