Tuesday, January 23, 2007

It's time for my Monday update, althought there is not a lot to report.

Weekly Weight Loss: 0 pounds
Total Weight Loss: 22.0 pounds
Excerise: Not a lot. School gym isn't open yet, and it's been too cold to be outside.
Syllabi Completed: 2

Don't know what's up with the weight this week. I have been extremely dilligent in my efforts and yet I didn't lose a single pound. How can that be? I may have to get more desperate in my efforts if something doesn't happen this week.

I'm settling into Iowa and my schedule. Was at school all afternoon. Got my copy code, my email, office keys, etc. Now all I need is students. I get those tomorrow, at 8 a.m. sharp. I'm not exactly sure who thought up my schedule, but theatre classes should NEVER be taught at 8 a.m. Who can be creative when they're not awake yet. In fact, how do they expect me to teach a class when I WON'T be awake yet. It's a real problem. Anyone have any ideas?

Not much else going on. I'll be going to San Diego in February for a memorial service for my friend C.P. The date hasn't been set yet, but I'll keep you guys posted.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't get discouraged on the weight thing... I have to tell myself this all the time... there are points when you just get stuck, then something will happen and BAM! you start loosing more... just keep up the workouts and watching what you eat... I too have been in a rutt with my weight too... after dropping from 233 to 206, then the freaking holidays hit and I packed on pounds that I am fighting horribly to knock off again... ughh... good luck!!!

Spider said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Spider said...

Good luck tomorrow - I am sure you will WOW them - even at 0800! Maybe if you flip your day so that you go to bed at noon and wake up at midnight - hit the bars for a bit then go teach... just a thought... ;-)

Spider said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Donnie said...

Good luck tomorrow! I know start teaching at 8am every day of the week. I get myself going with lots of coffee (preferably Caramel Vanilla Swirl flavored coffee).

I love doing "icebreaker exercises" the first day.

digital t-square said...

Good luck tomorrow. I still have a couple of weeks before our semester starts. I know that you're coming to SD for a specific reason, but if you have any free time, let me know.

Ur-spo said...

Iowa tends to widen people; its the midwest curse.

Pete said...

I hope your class is going well. Try not to get the number influence you. Your body is probably trying to catch up with your loss. It will move again, keep up the fight!

BriteYellowGun said...

Sorry, no sympathy on the early hours thing. I'm up at 4 a.m. everyday so 8 sounds pretty late to me.