Thursday, January 11, 2007

It's almost bedtime. I have to be up at 5:30 a.m. tomorrow morning so that I can be at the car rental place by 7:00. Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm rarely up that early. But it's only one day so I'll probably be fine. I pick the car up at 7:00 drive back up to my house and load the car. From there I head across the George Washington Bridge and into New Jersey and start my trek to Kentucky. My goal is to be in Lexington by 10 tomorrow night. With any luck there won't be any traffic, bad weather, or anything else to slow me down.

I'll be in Lexington for two days. My mom and I'll will run around on Saturday and see a number of relatives and then will eat dinner out somewhere. After that I'm going to see my friend T.C. She is going to help me work on my teaching philosophy which I need to write to apply for a number of teaching gigs. On Sunday my mom, brother, and two aunts are going to Cincinnati to a restaurant that was my dad's favorite. I haven't been there since he died so it'll be interesting.

That takes me to Monday. On Monday I get up early, say goodbye to my mom and get back on the road heading northwest toward Iowa. My goal is to be there by early evening. It's 600 miles so I figure about 12 hours total, but who knows what the real time will play out as. It's so supposed to be snowing and raining so it may be slow going. I just ask that it not get too bad until I get to Iowa.

I'm staying in a hotel on Monday night. I was worried that I would get to Iowa and realize that I didn't have a bed, or a couch or any of the things that I have been promised or that there would be no heat, water, electricity. So I plan to just chill in my room, catch up on blogs that I won't get to read over the weekend. Post some pictures of my trip and get ready to go to work.

Have a great weekend everyone.

7 comments:

Ur-spo said...

sleep well; and pleasant journey to you.

digital t-square said...

have a great time visiting your family. and a safe drive to your new temporary digs.

Unknown said...

Be sure to have a safe and good trip...

DanNation said...

Have a GREAT trip...

KipEsquire said...

It's 5:30 -- are you up?

(It's pure coincidence that I'm reading your post at 5:30am.)

Spider said...

Boy - this is getting exciting! I hope you have a great trip - travel safely!

Donnie said...

Have a safe trip to Iowa. Enjoy the brief time with family.