Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I have felt guilty all day for not posting yesterday. I got home late, had to put a last coat of paint on the living room wall and more than anything I was in a bad mood. I got "reprimanded" yesterday for something really stupid on the job that I have been working on for free. In reality it's not that big a deal, it's just the way it was handled that put me in such a bad mood. Seems my "boss" wants me to check in with him much more often than I have been. Not wanting to bother him, I have only been checking in when something was wrong or there was something he needed to know. Of course did he bother to tell me any of this? No, he tells the first assistant so that he can tell me. I felt like a 12 year old. But I'm trying to not let it bother me. As my friend M.M. reminded me today "being an assistant means being the king of suck-ups and they don't teach you how to be a suck-up in school." So as of today, I am being a full time ass kisser until this job is finished.

On a different note, yesterday while walking down 7th Avenue I noticed this mural on the side of a hardware store. Does anyone else find it disturbing that under the American flag with the title "United We Stand" there is an open box cutter? Do you think maybe someone should point this out to them?

1 comment:

DanNation said...

That is bizarre and troubling. Perhaps they are trying to make a point?