Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The tree is up and decorated. It looks great. My roommate is beside himself. He told me today that it's the first tree's he's put up since 1990. He just kept stepping back from it saying it's so beautiful, it's so beautiful. It was great pulling my ornaments out as we began putting decorations on the tree. I haven't had them out of the box since 2001 and I'd forgotten about many of them. I'd open a box and immediately get excited as I began to take them out and put them on the tree. The hardest part of the evening was deciding what ornaments to leave off the tree. I have enough ornaments to decorate two trees one of which is usually 10 or so feet tall. This is year I am putting up one tree that's about 7'6" tall. All of the nice ornaments made it on, and we ended up just leaving off the glass balls. We finished up by putting "icicles" on the tree. According to C.Z. he's never had a tree that didn't have them. In fact he had this very specific system of how to approach putting them on the tree, so much so that I stopped helping and ate dinner. It took almost as long for him to finish this task as it did to decorate the whole tree. It's finished though, and it looks great and I'll have pictures in the next day or so.

4 comments:

Thomas (Tom) Rimington said...

Maddog:

Glad you are enjoying this holiday. I too have a tree up for the first time in my new life...

Was thinking about you on Monday when I had a major anxiety attack. I haven't had one in over a year, and all I could think of was you with your several in as many weeks... I had meeting with my attorney on Monday in prep for court this next week (spousal support hearing) I guess all the stress took me over the edge. I'm glad it's over... whew...

We are both lucky this year to be able to enjoy the season. I have been listening to holiday music for the past week... It's so nice!

Enjoy!

Tom

Spider said...

I can't WAIT to see the tree... I bet it is BEAUTIFUL!

Cincy Diva said...

Why not take the left out ornaments and hang them in the windows from varying lengths of string? I saw that done once and it was so pretty

fullofhype said...

'Tis the season, isn't it?

I don't think I've had a Christmas tree up since I was like 7. I'm so deprived.

Eh.