Sunday, December 03, 2006

I know, meme's are the easy way out, but I'm tired and hungover. I'll do a real post tomorrow.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?

Hot Chocolate


2. Did you ever do anything for Santa?

Always as a child.


3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?

White and only white. Colored lights do not show off the beauty of the ornaments on the tree.


4. Do you hang mistletoe?

I have, but no in a long while. But it's fun to have around.


5. When do you put your decorations up?

I like to put them up the weekend after Thanksgiving. My roommate and I are putting our tree up tomorrow.


6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?

We do sandwichs on Christmas Eve with desserts and I LOVE my mom's chicken salad.


7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:

The year I got my purple bicycle. It was hidden on our back porch and my parents sent me out there two or three times before I saw it.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?

I was around 7.


9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

As kids we always got to open one gift on Chrismas Eve. I always chose the one I thought would be the least exciting so that I could save the good ones for the next morning.


10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?

Get the tree, let it fall. Then spend a couple of hours putting lights on the tree always using the squint test to make sure there are no holes in the lights and then I spend forever putting on the decorations. I haven't put up a tree since 2001 so I am really excited about having one.


11. Snow! Love it or Dread it.

I love it. That's why I am so excited to not be living in San Diego.

12. Can you ice skate?

NOOOOOOO!


13. Do you remember your favorite gift?

I have never really gotten things that were out of the ordinary. I remember an assortment of small things but not anything important.


14. What's the most exciting thing about the holidays for you?

Putting up the tree.


15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?

My ex-boyfriend's mom made a dessert called Frosty Winter Bars. They are delicious. My mom started making them several years ago and they are now everyone's favorite.


16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?

Christmas eve midnight church service at this little country church about 10 miles out of town. The whole church seats about 150 people and it's lit by candles and it's very serene. The service is always the same and is the telling of the Christmas story through Christmas hymn. I started doing this about 10 or so years ago and have been doing ever since. The last several years I have gone by myself, but it's something I enjoy.


17. What tops your tree?

A Bow that my boyfriend S.G. and I bought years ago.


18. Which do you prefer give or receive gifts?

I prefer to give gifts. I am a very good present person. About 95% of the time I know whether someone will like the present they are getting or not.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?

All time favorite song is Do You Hear What I Hear. But my favorite recorded song is Little Drummer Boy with David Bowie and Bing Crosby. It's beautiful

20. Candy Canes?

By all means yes.

21. Favorite Christmas TV Special?

Santa Claus is Coming to Town. I love the Put One Foot in front of another song. I watch it every year without fail

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom, Maddog is meming again!

Ur-spo said...

i haven't seen that special in decades; is that the one with the Bergermeister?