Monday, December 04, 2006

Sometimes I wonder how I manage to still be awake at 1:30 a.m. I don't set out to stay up late. In fact I tell myself that I am going to get to bed early but very rarely does that actually happen. I decide to check my email, and then read a couple of blogs and then I should probably do a post and the next thing you know it's the wee hours of the morning and I'm not in bed. The only real problem with this is that I sleep till the afternoon and thus never get anything done during the day that needs to be done during the day. Little things like laundry, cleaning, running errands. Each day I say tomorrow will be different, but if I don't get 8 hours of sleep I am miserable the next day. And thus it's one endless cycle.

Enough whining. My roommate and I bought our Christmas tree today. It's actually the smallest tree I have ever had, but it fits nicely in our apartment without eating the whole room so it's great. The only real disappointment is that it's not a fraser fir. They are my favorite type of Christmas tree and it's what I have always bought. Unfortunately the lot near our house was out of them and it's too much work to try and cart a tree home from too far away. Fraser firs are also more expensive so I didn't mind saving the money. I'll take pictures tomorrow and show you before and after. I am actually excited about having a tree. It's the first time I have had a tree since 2001 and it's the first time I have ever had a roommate that actually wanted to participate in the tree experience.

4 comments:

Tony said...

Well at least you explained why you were up so darn late (ore rather early early hours of the morning). It's easy to get caught in the cycle you described. I literally force myself away from the commputer on certain days to make sure I am getting some 'space.'

So you have your tree up. Mine is up too though artificial. I miss not getting my noble fir!

Spider said...

I can't WAIT to see the pictures!

Jason Tarvin said...

That's awesome, I'm glad you got a tree. They always seem to put me in the holiday mood- even in sunny Phoenix. I never thought about the challenge of bringing a tree home in NYC. That can be a task.

Ur-spo said...

I too am glad for you and the tree; always nice to have someone with whom to share it, who also finds it exciting to do.