Thursday, December 07, 2006




Here are some pictures of the finished tree along with pictures of some of my favorite ornaments.













The ornament to the left is a Santa Claus Tree Topper that was on my family tree while I was growing up. He now gets stuffed on the tree in a bare spot. But he always has to be there.














This ornament was made for me by my fraternity's house mom Ms. T. She was very handy and was legendary for her sausage balls and biscuits and ham. If she thought you were having a bad day she'd always whip up something tasty. One year she made a bunch of these crocheted ornaments for me because she knew how much I loved Christmas.












This doll was given to me years ago as a "funny" Christmas gift. She got placed on the tree that year and has since found a permanent place on my tree. She also gets stuffed into an open place.















This paper ornament was made by me when I was in 2nd Grade. I have three or four of these and have treasured them as an adult. They always go on my tree and are never hidden in the back but are up front and center. My teacher in 2nd grade was named Ms. Manning and I loved her dearly. I was devasted when she got married at the end of my year with her. She became Mrs. Smith and moved away a year later. I have no idea where she went or what became of her, but she was a huge influence on me as a child.









When I was in elementary school my mom bought a box of wooden ornaments that came in a sheet. You punched them out of the wood and then painted them yourself. Years ago I raided my parents Christmas ornaments and took several of these. They are now favorites of mine because my mother painted them and they are almost as old as me. I have seen the same ornaments on several trees throughout the years.










This ornament was bought by S.G. and me for our first Christmas together. We bought a pair of them and they were the first of many really nice ornaments we purchased together. On December 26th we were always at the nicest department stores, florists, etc. to pick up their after Christmast discounts on their ornaments. I still have most of these, although about 10 years ago I did break down and let S.G. come to my house and choose a few of the ones we bought together to have for himself.









This is my most gay ornament. It's a mirror ball that spins. It took C.Z. and I about 20 minutes to find a place for it on the tree. It had to be up front and center and had to have a place to hang so that it could spin freely. I realized as I wrote the words "most gay" that in fact the whole tree is pretty gay, but what's a girl to do?












This is my blown glass pig ornament. I was once involved with a guy who was a bit of a pig...in only the nicest way possible. So I began buying him pig ornament every year. This one was bought for him but for what ever reason I kept it. It's a pink Santa Pig. How gay?

5 comments:

Thomas (Tom) Rimington said...

Tree looks great!

Ur-spo said...

thanks for the photos
your tree is lovely
I have the exact same Mrs.Santa Claus wooden ornament!!

Spider said...

What a beautiful tree... thanks for sharing the wonderful ornaments!

fullofhype said...

great ornaments! beautiful trees. so. jealous.

Tony said...

OK...I am having peni* - Oops I mean 'tree' envy! WOW!