Thursday, December 14, 2006

My trip to Portland was wonderful. It snowed on Thursday night/Friday morning so the ground was covered in white when I arrived. It's the first snow I have seen in three years so to say I was excited is an understatement. It was also very cold, and although I have been looking forward to the cold weather it could have waited until I had my new winter coat. I was wearing a sweatshirt, so I didn't stay out to play long, I grabbed my bags, ran to the car and headed to my friend M.M.'s house. I got there only to find out their friends who were supposed to meet me there weren't home yet. So I was left standing on their porch waiting. Luckily I didn't have to wait long but it was still long enough to be cold.

Friday night we had dinner down the street at a restaurant I fail to remember the name of. It was great though. Wine and beer before dinner. A nice french onion soup for an appetizer. And the world largest pork chop for dinner. Of course the best of all was the company. M.M. and her girlfriend L.M. and their two friends Christie and Kelly. We had a great time, laughed a lot and enjoyed the evening.

After dinner we walked the two or three blocks back home where we crashed in the living room. We hung out and talked about mostly nothing. NYC, Chicago, Portland. Our jobs, etc. Around 11:00 it was decided that it was time for bed. It was also determined that my bedroom in the back of the house, in the unheated part would be too cold for me so I was put in M.M. and L.M.'s room and they were going to be on the sofa. This worked out great because both of them are early risers and this meant that I could sleep late.

That's it for day one. I fill in day's two and three tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should get plenty of snow in NYC soon enough. Sounds like Portland is excellent, though!

Spider said...

And I am looking forward to hearing the rest of it!

Anonymous said...

I have to sign in now as anonymous as beta blogger is being impudent.

Anonymous said...

oh, forgot to mention - it is I
Urspo!

Jason Tarvin said...

Nice to hear you're having a great time.
I miss the snow :)

Aww, Beta Blogger got you too. They need to fix this comment posting bug. Ugh.

Jason- jttphx.blogspot.com