Saturday, December 16, 2006

Scotty over at The Other Side of Straight posts an annual list of his favorite things at Christmas. He wanted other bloggers to do the same so here is my list of favorite Christmas things.

* Waking up to find the ground covered in snow
* Napping on the couch when the temperature outside is freezing
* Searching for the perfect Christmas tree
* Unpacking my Christmas ornaments and remembering their significance
* Midnight candle light service at the one room church in the country on Christmas Eve
* Listening to carols as I decorate the tree
* My mom making Frosty Winter Bars
* Snowball fights
* Giving people Christmas gifts
* Hot apple cider with Captain Morgan Rum
* A dark room lit by white lights of the Christmas Tree and candles
* Waiting to the last minute to do my Christmas Shopping
* Watching all my favorite Christmas specials on T.V.
* Driving around to look at Christmas Lights
* Christmas breakfast at my mom's house
* Walking down 5th Avenue to look at the Christmas window displays
* Trying to figure out how to get my Christmas gifts home on the airplane
* How beautiful NYC is in newly fallen snow
* Getting Christmas cards
* Phone calls on Christmas day from my friends
* Playing Christmas songs on the piano

These are just a few of the many things that make me smile at during the Christmas season.
What are the things that make you smile?

8 comments:

fullofhype said...

hmm... let's see. okay, i've one.

coming out of macy's to see the salvation army people incessantly ringing their bells, finding lint and old gum wrapper inside my pocket, giving the goodwill gift of lint and wrapper to the bell carrying noise makers.

ah, yes, that makes me smile.
bah, bah humbug!

i kid, i kid.

going to rockefeller center and getting my picture taken in front of the christmas tree... that made me smile.

Rick Bettencourt said...

So "these are a few of your favorite things" huh? Nice list. I'll have to incorporate into BanditTalks.

Anonymous said...

Great list Maddog...

I will work on mine and post when I can...

Tom

Joel said...

AWESOME list! Reading yours made me think of ones I missed. I see some others are going to play along...If I can find their lists I will add them to mine.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE waking up to snow on the ground. It might rank as one of my favorite small pleasures period, not just at holiday time.

Spider said...

I LOVE your #2... that sounds wonderful...

Anonymous said...

I kinda looking forward to the second to last bullet point you have regarding phone calls from friends. Fingers crossed.

Hey Maddog, do you have Blogger Beta or the old version. I suspect you have the former since I can't seem to leave a comment as I normally do and have it show the profile pic and direct access to my blog.

Tony @ http://lifescolorfulbrushstrokes.blogspot.com/

Ur-spo said...

nice list; it made me feel good to read it.