Thursday, December 28, 2006


There was a snail in my shower tonight. My roommate nor I had noticed it today when we showered. It was about 2 feet up the wall of the shower, which I have to assume took a while. We don't say moving at a snail's pace for nothing. It was just bizarre. My roommate actually thought I was trying to play a practical joke, but I assured him I wasn't. He was gracious enough to pull it off the wall. I then took it outside, hoping that it would live. Here's a couple of pictures.

Well I thought I would post some pictures but Blogger's being a shit again. Does anyone know why I would be unable to post pictures to my account?

5 comments:

Ur-spo said...

I have that problem too.
When picture posting was demonstrated to me it was easy, but on my own blogger seems to be tempermental.
I do better when I post pictures using the main computer; from the laptop I don't seem to succeed
So, rest assured, it is not 'you' it is the system.

Jimmi said...

It might be that the picture is very large? If you are using a picture that is large, it might not let you do it. Try downsizing the picture a little and that might help. If it's at a high resolution, it will just not work. I had the same problem when I started blogging.

That is weird that you had a snail in your shower, you might have a broken pipe in your plumbing...?

Red said...

Jimmi's guess is a good bet. Images straight from the camera can be 3 MB or larger, a huge upload. Some cameras can save pictures in TIFF or RAW format, which Google won't accept. Make sure your photos are JPEG format, and that they have the .jpg file extension. If you don't have a photo editor, try Google's free Picasa software (Windows only). Get your images under 100 KB (or less than 600 pixels wide or tall) for better luck uploading them.

Any additional details you could provide, like OS version, browser version, photo software, etc., could help pinpoint the problem.

Red said...

Oh, and a snail in the city is perfectly bizarre, let alone in your shower.

Spider said...

Snail in the shower... you sure you don't live in Florida...