Friday, September 22, 2006

You know it's so much harder to find things to write about when I'm exhausted. I have been at work since 11 this morning and I just got home about 30 minutes ago. Of course I did go have a beer with my friend T.O., well actually it was two but who's counting. Anyway, it's almost 3 a.m. and I am tired and I want to write something so I thought maybe it was time to do what many people do and make a list about myself. Who knows some of you might find it interesting.

1. I am 41 years old.
2. I was born 3.5 years before my mother married her first husband.
3. He was not my father.
4. I was raised in Kentucky.
5. I only have an accent when I have had a couple of beers or have just talked to my mom.
6. I have a Master's degree from the University of Kentucky.
7. I haven't lived there since 1995.
8. I have lived in 7 states since 1987.
9. I move a lot. I have lived in at least 21 different apartments since 1987.
10. I have had four long term boyfriends.
11. S.G. was the one I loved the most and the one that I miss the most.
12. J.C. was crazy. Sweet but crazy.
13. K.A. was the best boyfriend. But we weren't attracted to each other. I like short stocky boys. He wasn't that. He likes tall black men. I wasn't that.
14. K.A. took me to my first bath house.
15. D.L.C. was the worst boyfried. He broke up with me because I had gained weight.
16. I have weighed as little as 185 pounds and as much as 280. I am on the high side of that scale now.
17. I am a compulsive eater. Especially where ice cream is concerned.
18. I was my thinnest when I was running 5 miles a day.
19. That stopped when I broke my foot in 2003.
20. It was my first broken bone.
21. I am a relatively healthy person.
22. I don't have an appendix. It burst in 2003 and I spent 8 days in the hospital. I have never known such pain before or since.
23. Morphine drips are fun.
24. I have done recreational drugs.
25. I won't pay for them, so it never became a problem.
26. I like to drink. Beer is a wonderful thing.
27. I hated beer in college. I thought it was gross.
28. I have 3 degrees.
29. My mom's family thinks I am insane because I have continued to go to college.
30. I am the only one on her side of the family to get a degree.
31. Did I mention that I have three.
32. I think being gay is biological and hereditary. On my mom's side of the family it's boys. On my dad's side of the family it's women.
33. My brother is gay.
34. His boyfriend is blind.
35. I am not close with my brother.
36. I am not close with his boyfriend.
37. He is my half-brother.
38. I consider my stepfather my "Dad".
39. I hated him growing up.
40. We developed a respect for each other after I graduated from college.
41. We once had a fist fight in our living room.
42. I moved out of my parent's house for about 3 months after that.
43. He died in 2003. I miss him a lot.
44. With a broken foot, a burst appendix, and a dead father--2003 was a sucky year.
45. I am closer to my mom since my dad's death.
46. I talk to her several times a week.
47. We talk about the weather.
48. We talk about the weather.
49. Did I mention that we talk about the weather.
50. She would like it if I moved back to Kentucky.
51. I would hate it if I moved back to Kentucky.
52. I haven't been home since Christmas.
53. I will be there next month.
54. I am driving my "belongings" cross country in October and will stop in Kentucky to see my mom.
55. It'll be my fourth trip driving cross country.
56. It'll be my second trip cross country in a U-Haul.
57. It'll be my third time seeing the World's Largest Cross.
58. I am not religious.
59. I believe in God.
60. I went to a Baptist College.
61. Baptists don't like the gays.
62. Did I mention that I was gay.
63. I like boys.
64. By boys I don't mean twelve year olds. I mean 35 year olds.
65. I like short boys.
66. I once had a boyfriend that was 5'1".
67. He was crazy.
68. He was HIV+.
69. I am HIV-.
70. I have had two HIV+ boyfriends.
71. I have many HIV+ friends.
72. I was with my friend S.H. when he found out.
73. We walked about 10 miles that day. Not talking.
74. I have only had one friend die of AIDS.
75. His name was Tony. I miss him a lot.
76. I dated him when I lived in Atlanta.
77. I liked living in Atlanta.
78. I lived there for two years.
79. I learned to wait tables there.
80. I worked in national chain restaurant there that only had 2 straight front of house employees.
81. It's where I came out of the closet.
82. It's where I learned being gay is fun...not a curse.
83. I came out of the closet the morning after my friend S.W.'s first annual Jewish Christmas Party.
84. Don't ask.
85. I made out with her at the party.
86. I went home with Duane after the party.
87. S.W. didn't speak to me for six months afterwards.
88. S.W. and I finally made up and are still friends to this day.
89. That was in 1987.
90. She was visiting in New York on September 11, 2001.
91. I spent the night with her that night because I was evacuated from my apartment.
92. I lived in the financial district.
93. Four blocks from Ground Zero.
94. I wasn't allowed to stay in my apartment for two weeks.
95. I don't like talking about 9/11.
96. It was very personal to me and still is.
97. I moved 1 month later to Brooklyn.
98. It was my second time living in Brooklyn.
99. I lived there until I moved to California.
100. It's 3:40 in California and I am tired. So I am going to bed.

This was fun.

2 comments:

Will said...

I just found you this morning via ur-spo. We share a common profession, although while I have designed lights happily, my career has been mostly in scenic design, both professionally and in academia, in Boston.

I'll be back.

Ur-spo said...

I very much liked your list; I got to know you much more this way.