Saturday, September 16, 2006

It's late as usual per my new schedule. I have been working from 11 a.m. till midnight for the past week on the project that I am doing. The schedule is kind of intense but it's what I do so I am somewhat used to it. In reality it's a hurry up wait kind of day. We sit and sit and sit and wait while things are worked out and then we go, go, go to make it happen. Then we back up and do it again and then the whole process starts all over again. 12+ hours of this a day. It's more fun than you can imagine.

Needless to say by the time I get home I am exhausted which is why I haven't been writing much lately. I am too tired to think of short entries and WAY too exhausted to write the long entries I want to write. But I am trying to keep everyone up to date on what's going on in my world.

With that. The first assistant on my project had to leave unexpectedly today because his young son is sick and in the hospital. That meansI now have to facilitate everything. There's a little pressure involved. And a whole lot of responsibility. Which makes me very nervous. I want to do a good job. I want my work to be respected. But if you've been reading lately you know what my boss is like and who knows what it'll be like now. But the job is mine whether I wanted it or not.

To make matters worse, we have a VERY eager intern working with us. She is full of energy and is always moving. And she never shuts up. She talks a mile a minute and is always talking. She of course moved up in the scheme of things as well. Unfortunately she doesn't know when to just take a note and when to ask questions. I had to take her aside during a break tonight and tell her to calm down. I think it worked because she was a little better. The thing she had the most problem with today though, was doing what I told her to do. I told her three times to type up tomorrow's notes and still she wouldn't do it. I finally had her just email me the file so I could do it myself. Our day doesn't end until those notes are sent off to the powers that be so I wanted them done so I could go home.

It's going to be a LONG weekend.

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

for overeager hyperactive interns, keep in mind the 2 key words<
"Limits"
and
"Structure"