Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I haven't slept more than a couple of hours each night for the past two nights. On Sunday night I went to bed around 3:30 and was wide awake at 6:00. I tossed and turned for the next several hours before I finally gave up and pulled my ass out of bed. I spent the entire day in some sort of fuzzy otherworldliness. I felt drunk most of the day without the pleasure of actually drinking. At one point yesterday I was talking to my mom on the phone while parked in the parking lot of the 7-11 and I fell asleep. I have no idea how long I dozed but my mom was talking the whole time. I don't even think she noticed. My waking up was followed by a series of uh-huh's as if I'd been there the whole time.

Then at around 7:30 last night I met my friend A.N. at Starbucks. She's been having boy trouble and I have been trying to listen even though I want to say "I told you so". But that wouldn't be nice now would it. So I had ice-tea while I was there. Actually I had two. At 3:30 this morning I was regretting that a lot. It was almost 5:00 a.m. before I was able to go to sleep and I had to be up at 7. Needless to say I've been drunk all day today as well.

Wish me luck. I am about to turn off the light and I could really use a good night's sleep. As it is I have spent the last hour reading blogs and so I am already behind before I start. But even 5 or 6 hours will be better than the past couple of days. I'll report back tomorrow.

2 comments:

Ur-spo said...

sleep well; filomel with melody...

DEREK said...

hope you got some sleep, I take melatonin every once in a while.