Monday, November 13, 2006

It's late and I am too tired to try and remember what I was going to post about tonight. So I am shamelessly stealing a meme I saw today over at this sight. Please forgive me for being lazy.

This meme is pretty simple (hence the appeal): go to Wikipedia, type in the date and month of your birth but not the year, then find: 3 events, 2 people whose birthday you share, 1 person who died that day, and 1 holiday.

Here goes:

1606: The Union Jack is adopted as the national flag of Great Britain
1861: The Civil War starts with Confederate forces firing on Fort Sumter
1955: The polio vaccine developed by Dr. Jonas Salk is declared safe and effective

Birthday:
David Letterman: 1947
Ann Miller: 1923

Death:
Franklin D. Roosevelt 1945

Holiday:
The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins

Who knows what it all means. Give me your thoughts.

3 comments:

Thomas (Tom) Rimington said...

Ok man, you must have really been bored...

I thought there were tons of things to do your "city"? Are you sleeping any better?

Thanks for the comments on my blog, it's nice to know I have interesting people reading me...

Tom

Ur-spo said...

that you share a birthday with Ann Miller means you can channel high energy at will, lucky man!
Hey! tappatappatappatappatappa

Spider said...

Your birthday is MUCH MORE EXCITING than mine!