Thursday, November 23, 2006

It's 1:30 a.m. on the east coast. Which means that it's Thanksgiving Day already. I had told myself that I would write my list of what I am thankful for Thanksgiving night, but now that it's here I feel like that's what needs to be said.

So what am I thankful for?

For the most part I am healthy. I have a bum knee that bothers me from time to time and I deal with depression. I look around me and see the physical pain and suffering so many other poeple deal with and in the big scheme of things I am in quite healthy.

I have a great home. My new apartment isn't in the best neighborhood but I love it. It's probably the best NYC apartment I have had. It's large, has great character. And it's perfect for me.

I have a great roommate. My current roommate C.Z. is the best. We have yet to have disagreement about anything. We share things without worrying about whose spent what. He doesn't mind that the apartment still isn't completely put together. He's funny. And I enjoy being home when he's home. That has not always been true in the past.

I have money in the bank. Not a lot. And it's disappearing fast. But right now, I have no worries about not being able to pay rent. Most of my bills are paid. And I'll be working again before you know it.

I have great friends. My school friends will be apart of my life forever. They are wonderful people and I love them dearly. I hate that I won't be at A.N.'s house today eating pyrogies. My friends in NYC are a different lot, but they have helped me immensely and I'll be forever grateful. There's also M.L. Without him I think I'd be lost. He came into my life when I needed it and he's been there ever since. He works too much and we don't get to see each other as much as we'd like but he's always there when I need him. And last. M.M. She's been my best friend forever. I don't know what I'd do without her. She knows all of my secrets and loves me anyway.

I also have my blogger friends. I have only been reading blogs for about 10 months. But I truly feel as if I know you guys better than I know my own family. I have only been writing my blog about 5 months and slowly I am telling my secrets. Letting you in what makes me tick and keeps me going. And I look forward to the relationships that I know will flourish as we continue to get to know each other.

My family. Okay so they're white trash. And a bit racist. And probably homophobic if we discussed it. But they're all mine. And I know that if I ever needed something they would be there for me.

There's so much more but it's now almost 2:00 a.m. and if I don't get to bed soon I'll never get up in time to make my very first pumpkin pie.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Much love,

Maddog.

5 comments:

Sorted Lives said...

I look forward to hearing more about you and your life. I have enjoyed these last few months getting to know you.

Enjoy my favorite holiday in my favorite city!!

Rick Bettencourt said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

digital t-square said...

Have a nice Thanksgiving!
BTW, it's nice and sunny in SD today.

Ur-spo said...

happy thanksgiving; good list!
and you live in NYC!

A Bear in the Woods said...

I made pumpkin pie as well! It was for a fellow I just met who was working,so that he would get to have a Thanksgiving too(There's more to it, read between the lines).
Happy belated Thanksgiving.