Sunday, November 12, 2006

I was more of a bum today than I was yesterday. I got up at 11:30. A little later than I wanted to. Moved to the couch and slept there until 3:17. So much for getting things done. I finally dragged my lazy ass off the couch, took a shower and headed downtown. The one productive thing I did was get off the train at 59th Street and walk from there to 14th Street. It was such a beautiful day and I had already wasted most of it, I thought it might be a good idea to enjoy the warm weather while we have it.

In the good new category. My roommate has agreed to let me sublet my apartment while I am teaching out west. I'll save me about a 1,000 bucks a month so I'm sure you can guess how happy this makes me. We still have some details to work out but it should be a go. On top of that, a friend from school needs a place to stay starting in January so I am hoping that he'll agree to take my place and since I know him there'll be no problem with my roommate. Keep your fingers crossed.

My friend A.L. who traveled cross country with me has officially stopped speaking to me. I saw him tonight and he barely acknowledged me. I have no idea what it's about, but I'm guessing it has something to do with my putting off his advances on Wednesday night. He's been asking me out for five years and I have been politely declining for five years. There are a million reasons why it would never work. The most obvious is that we have nothing in common. But that's just me.

Have a great Sunday everyone, I'll talk to you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Spider said...

Good luck in the roommate department - keeping fingers and other body parts crossed for you...

As for A.L., sorry to hear that - just remember, it is his loss not your!

Ur-spo said...

sleep well
and have a good enough week

A Bear in the Woods said...

5 years is a long time to carry a torch.
It's good you found a sublet you know.
Festival of Ceres-harvest.
You probably needed the sleep.
Sorry, my bank of wit is depleted today.