Sunday, October 08, 2006

Today is Sunday. You have no idea how happy that makes me. First off, tomorrow is my day off. Secondly, Sunday's are an easy work day and there's a huge party to cap off the end of the day with all the free booze you can drink. Third, I only have 4 more days until this little project that I have been on is over and done. It has been one serious pain in my ass. Needless to say I am feeling better than I have in a while.

I have had a good day. Of course it started out with a bang. I have been turning the ringer off on my cell phone when I go to bed so that I can sleep in in the mornings. Although I work long hours, I usually don't have to be in until noon, so it's nice to sleep in. Last night I forgot to turn it off. I got seven phone calls this morning before 10 a.m. I didn't take any of them. I rolled over and pretended the phone wasn't ringing. They were all from people that I would love to talk to, just not at 8:30 in the morning. On top of that, all of my friends know that they can call me as late as they want in the evening, but to never call me early in the morning. Especially my best friend M.M. who called first today.

I finally got out of bed at 11:00 and headed off to work. It was an easy day although one of my crew decided she was too sick to work and caused me some serious headaches. She ended up being fine, blaming her illness on "that time of the month" and how can I argue with that. It might help though if she weren't so damn crazy anyway.

I finished up work at 11:00 p.m and headed over to school to drink beer with my good friend T.O. He's got a big project due on Monday so I watched him work, proofed several drawings he was working on, and drank a couple of beers. I miss being at school a lot. It's nice in graduate school because you aren't taking "general studies" courses. All of your classes are in subjects that interest you. I also miss the people. The offices were buzzing with people tonight. There were at least 10 or so people around working on projects of different sorts. I of course wandered around annoying them as much, I mean as little as possible.

2:00 a.m. was my curfew so I just got home a little while ago. I am about to brush my teeth and go to bed. I feel like I am rambling and perhaps I am, but I wanted to share my great day with you and let you know what was going on. I don't have to be at work until 2 p.m. tomorrow so the ringer's already off on my phone and I plan on sleeping until noon. Yay, me.

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

it sounds delightful.
have a good day off.