Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I'll sleep well tonight knowing that I don't live in one of the more dangerous cities in the U.S. In fact NYC was only 145 out of 371. I would have guessed us to be far more dangerous than many of the cities that were included. In fact, my hometown of Lexington, Kentucky is less safe than NYC. I don't quite know what to make of that. I have always thought that I was from small town America, home of baseball and apple pie. A place where you could leave the front door open if you wanted, and that turns out not to be true. What's the world coming to?

By chance anyone reading this tonight catch Rick Santorum on Headline News. I was reading and typing and only half listening, but I could have sworn I heard him distancing himself from the President. Can that be true? I mean surely he knows that as a good Christian man he can only get to heaven worshiping, I mean supporting President Bush. Once again, what's the world coming to?

That's it for my soap box tonight. Have a SSSCCCAAARRRYYYY Halloween. Be safe.

4 comments:

Ur-spo said...

you have a happy hallowe'en too, and don't fall off the broomstick like last year....

A Bear in the Woods said...

If Santorum is distancing himself from Bushy, that means the Great Pumpkin must be very very angry at him. Tar and feathers can't be far behind.

Spider said...

Here is wishing you a Happy Halloween from the 25th most dangerous city in the US!

BTW - I blogrolled you - I hope you don't mind...

BriteYellowGun said...

Take that "danger" factor with a grain of salt. We ranked number 7 here but it's only because they used ONLY the stats for Cleveland proper and not the county as a whole. That would have GREATLY changed the outcome of that ridiculous ranking since more people live in the surrounding suburbs than in the city proper these days. Besides, the media loves to scare people to death over perceptions and not realities. My life won't change over any of that nonsense.