Friday, October 06, 2006

I'm looking for inspiration tonight. I have a couple of posts that I want to do but they'll take a while to write and it's 1:15 a.m. and I don't think I'm awake enough to write them. And I have nothing brief to say. I could whine about my job (I have six more days left). I could whine about the annoying intern who still thinks she's in charge. I could whine about how much it's going to cost to move my stuff from San Diego to NYC. I could whine about being fat. I could whine about being broke. I could whine about my rental car. I could whine about not being in bed.

In truth I could whine about a lot of things. But in fact I don't want to. I don't like being that person. There's a lot that's not right in my life. Things I wished were different, that I could change. But in fact I have an okay existence. I have great friends who take care of me. I have enough money in the bank to pay my rent for the next several months. I have three college degrees so surely someone will give me a job. In just two weeks I'll be back home in NYC and this crappy job will be behind me. Although the job has sucked it brought me to San Diego where I have been able to visit with many close friends. Although I am overweight, I am healthy and have no serious health problems. (knock on wood) For all of my family's craziness they love me and care about me.

My point -- Life is okay. So for tonight I am going to appreciate it's okayness and celebrate that fact. Who knows tomorrow I'll be back to ungrateful, bitchy Maddog. But today I am feeling gratitude. I'll end the day with this gratitude and be thankful for all the good that I have in my life.

2 comments:

Ur-spo said...

one of blogging's benefits is the ability to vent and 'whine'. it is cathartic and it allows your chums to assure you are OK.
Being grateful in it all and at the wee hours of the night is a lovely paradox. I hope it made for a good night's sleep
I too say 'hang in there'.

DEREK said...

you know my old roomate is sitting there in SanDiego all alone, bored of his ass. Telling me how lonely he is, he said he wants to go watch some gay men's softball tomorrow but hate's doing things alone.

It's going to get better man, you'll love New YOrk.