Saturday, October 14, 2006

Today is my 100th post. I started this blog as a way to document my return to New York. I think it has become more. I use it as way to journal. I use it as a way to vent. To ask questions. To share my life. I am not always sure if I am writing for my readers or for myself. I started out thinking I would only write for me and if no one read it so be it. Now I worry about what people who don't know me will think about me. I think I'll have to learn to balance the two although I have shared some things with my readers that most people don't know about me.

As for today. I have one more day left in San Diego. I have to be up at 7 a.m. tomorrow morning to get my rental truck from Penske. At 10:00 I have about 12 people showing up to transfer my belongings from T.M.'s garage to my truck. I am hoping that it will only take about 2 hours. Then I am treating them all to lunch and beer. Trust me it's the least I can do. After the truck is loaded I have to return my stolen rental car and then I am hanging out with A.N. and A.L. for the rest of the day.

Sunday morning A.L. hit the road east. Actually we are going to Ikea first so I can buy a book case then we are hitting the road. We are taking the 15 north to I-40 then heading east. We plan to get to Winslow, AZ by the end of the first day. Mostly because we want to stay in the La Posada Hotel there. For two reasons. It looks cool and it's cheap. From there we continue east through New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York. I plan to sleep in my own bed next Sunday night. We could actually get there faster but A.L. and I have decided to take our time and enjoy the trip. I plan to take my camera and document the journey so I'll be posting pictures this week showing all the sights that we see. You guys should let me know if there's anything I should make a point to stop and see/do. Just remember that I'll be in a 22 foot truck so it's not easy getting off the beaten path.

5 comments:

Jason said...

I've made similar road journeys myself. Have fun and drive safe! I'll be in your neck of the woods in NYC in 2 weeks. My first trip there. I'm flying the friendly skies for this one though ;)

BriteYellowGun said...

Get your kicks on Route 66! I envy you since I LOVE a long road trip! Made the journey from L.A. to Cleveland and back many, many times and never tired of it...well except for Ohio, Indiana and Illinois. One person can only look at so much corn! But New Mexico makes it ALL worthwhile! Truly spectacular.

Good choice with Penske. That's who we used when we left NC and had no problems, plus they replace their fleet every three years and you'll most likely get cruise control.

As for "Must-See's"...why The International Helium Centennial Time Columns Monument in Amarillo, Texas of course!!!

Anonymous said...

Why are you not taking I-40 through Arkansas? It's a very nice scenic route.

digital t-square said...

Enjoy the roadtrip back East. Looking forward to your travel pics. I've never driven across the country, but would like to one day. I know that you are looking forward to getting out of SD. It's kind of sad, there will be one less San Diegan blog to read. (Actually your's was the only one I've encountered).

Ur-spo said...

congratulations on the #100
May there be 100 x 100 more.