Thursday, October 26, 2006

I've sneezed at least 60 or 70 times today. No kidding. My allergies kicked in around noon today and haven't stopped since. I finally found my Claritin around 2:30 or so and after about an hour or so it stopped the sneezing but my nose is still running and I feel like I'm half out of it. At one point today I felt like I was going to fall over I was in such a weird state. I'll take more Claritin before bed and hope that I wake up feeling better.

Of course the problem is all the dust being stirred up from unpacking. My apartment is still a mess with piles everywhere. It seems as though I just move the piles from one room to another placing one or two items where they go as I do it. Today I put together a bookcase that I bought from Ikea (don't worry Ur-Spo I wore my special alien repellent hat so that I wouldn't be abducted) and continued working on my bedroom. Turns out there's a floor in there after all.

The weight was 282 today. Now I don't really think that I lost two pounds in the last 24 hours but I'll take what I can get. I have been trying to be healthy. Tonight for dinner I had a cup of split pea soup and a Caesar salad with grilled chicken. I figure that if I can keep this up then 1 year from now I'll weight 185 lbs. again. Thanks for those that have given support, it has meant a lot to me.

Only 6 more days till Halloween.

3 comments:

Ur-spo said...

a bless you for every sneeze today

Jason said...

I was a sneezing mess for the first year I moved to Phoenix. Claritin was my savior. Good luck with your weight goal. I'm trying to eat and exercise better myself. Yay, you live in New York!! I'm packed and ready to take on your town ;)

A Bear in the Woods said...

I never had allergy problems til I moved to the desert.
The weight bizness is a doable thing. I just hate having to take the loooong view. I like it all to be gone by this afternoon, know what I mean? I put myself on 3 month increments, with a 90 day goal, and a 90 day regimen. I can stick to that.