Thursday, October 05, 2006

Recently I turned off word verification for my commentors because I had decided since I wasn't getting that many hits did I really have to worry about spam comments. The word verification is especially annoying because it's soooo many letters. I also know that my computer likes to help me fill in the blank which means I have to submit the form a couple of time before it goes through. I thought if I did this perhaps more people would leave comments.

And then today I get a comment letting me know that although the reader didn't find what they were looking for in my blog, I could make extra money as a secret shopper. Guess I was wrong. I have turned the dreaded verification back on. I hope it doesn't annoy too many people.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if I could make extra money doing that? Ummm....

Also, did you know that you can work from home stuffing envelopes and make between $1 million and $2 billion dollars hour?

Jason said...

Yeah, I turned my word verification off and I do get the occasional spam. I just set my comments to be moderated to avoid any unwanted spam comments.

A Bear in the Woods said...

Where I get the spam is on myspace. Sluts with webcams. I don't so much mind the boysluts, it's the girlsluts I can't stand. There's a couple of them that want me soooo bad. There's Pinkeeeezy, DurrtyGurrl, and Coolhonnney. They've got it bad for me. Each of them has asked to be my friend at least a dozen times. I'm coldhearted though.

Ur-spo said...

word verification keeps out the nasties - sometimes.