Sunday, June 18, 2006

I moved my roommate yesterday. Sort of. I actually helped put her stuff (all 15 boxes of it) into storage. It took about an hour and a half and I got dinner out of it, so I am not complaining. The nicest part of the deal is that for the next two weeks I live alone. So as I sit here naked and type my blog I don't have to worry about being disturbed by S.S. or anyone for that matter. I can type and stick to the chair, and scratch my balls. Okay so I am not actually naked but I did get your attention, didn't I? I rarely wander around my apartment naked except for the wee hours of the morning when I get up to pee, or get a drink. For the past year, it's been my fear that I would be standing at the fridge in all my splendor and S.S. would decide that she needed a drink of water at the same time. This never happened but it did make for some stressful dashes to the kitchen and back. Of course, I could have thrown on a pair of shorts but what's life if you can't live on the edge.

So now I am on my own. For what good it's doing me. I have two weeks to pack up all of my belongings and get them into storage at my friend T.M.'s house. My worldly possessions are going to live with him until I come back from NYC in August to do two shows in San Diego. After which, I will load everything on one very large U-Haul and drive cross country back to Manhattan. Hopefully by then my new roommate and I will have a brand new two bedroom apartment in upper Manhattan and I will officially resume my residence in the great city of New York.

I saw a production of A Midsummer Night's Dream tonight at The Old Globe in San Diego. Actually it was a dress rehearsal but considering it was free I won't get technical. Get it dress rehearsal--technical? If you are not laughing get one of your theatre friends to explain it to you. The show was incredible. Darko Tresnjak has created a beautiful piece of theatre. I have seen the show many times, but for the first time I think this production actually captured the magic of the story. From the first entrance, to the fairy dance at the end, the show grabs your inner child and leads you on a journey of wonder. So if any of your live in San Diego and have the opportunity to see the show once it opens I highly recommend it.

I have discovered since I began writing about my world that my life isn't very funny. It's not boring. But it really is rather ordinary. Now I suppose that I should be thankful that it's not tragic. I didn't fall down and break my leg today. I didn't total my car. I didn't break up with my boyfriend. Yes, I am just an ordinary gay man, making my way thru life trying to make the best of things. But I want to be funny. I want cute, interesting things to say about my experiences. But, when I sit down to write the best I can do is be honest and open and hope that what I have to say intrigues someone enough to keep reading. In the meantime I'll start making notes to myself about the things that happen to me that could be construed as funny.

Question: Has anyone else noticed how cute the boys are at the Costco in Mission Valley? I sometimes shop there when I have nothing to buy just for the eye candy. I mean really, how many rolls of toilet paper does one man need?

No comments: