Monday, June 26, 2006

I am awake! Not that I don't wake up everyday, but as most of my friends will tell you I rarely see 8 a.m. I am not a morning person, have never been a morning person, will NEVER be a morning person. Today, I am a morning person.

The night started out great. I went to bed early (for me). I think I turned the light out around 12:30 and was well on my way to going to sleep when I was awakened by something. I don't know what it was, and will probably never know, but now it's 2:00 and I am awake. After a couple of minutes of tossing and turning I go back to sleep and this is when it starts. I mentioned about a week ago that I have started taking full doses of my depression meds again. One of the short lived side effects of my meds is that I have psychotic dreams. Kind of like taking acid before you go to bed. Last night the dreams were insane. I dreamed that I was an animal (what kind, I don't know) and was having these fights with other animals. And in the dream if I went to sleep for more than a couple of minutes then the other animals would get me. So in my sleep, I kept waking up, which I did for real. I would toss and turn and go back to sleep and it would start all over again. This does not make for a restful night.

Finally, at 4:00 I get up, drink some Diet Coke (without caffeine, my favorite) and go back to bed. This stopped these dreams but began a whole other series of dreams that involved being awake and tossing and turning, except this time I got to be naked with a cute boy. Unfortunately, I was the only one naked and people he worked with kept coming in to give him information.

At 6:30 I rolled over and looked at the clock. For a moment there was pure panic because I thought it 6:30 p.m. and I have miles of packing to do for my move to New York. Then I realized it was a.m. and said "Fuck It" and got out of bed. Thus it's 9:00 a.m. and I've already had coffee (which meant going to Starbucks cause my coffee makers already been packed), posted a blog, read all the blogs I read, called my friend T.M. to point out that I can indeed be out of bed before noon and answered several emails.

Oh God, it's going to be a productive day...

No comments: