Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Maddog's Monday check-in on Tuesday:

I haven't posted in the last couple of days because I haven't had much to say. There's not much going on here and if I have one more conversation just about the weather I'm going to scream. I've been talking to my mother almost once a day and she can talk about the weather for 40 minutes without talking about anything else.

So what has been going on with me? I went to the movies twice over the weekend. As I reported Happily N'ever After sucked. However, I did see Dreamgirls again. It was just as engaging the second time as it was the first. The audience was more reserved and no one applauded but I felt like they were enjoying it as much as I was. Overall, it's a great movie and it's easy to see why Jennifer Hudson is getting the attention that she is.

I applied for two jobs last week. One was the full time position here in Iowa. The other was in Oklahoma. The job application process for Oklahoma sucked. It all had to be done on line and the catch is there is no way to go back and add documents once you process the application. Unfortunately, I didn't' have electronic copies of my transcripts so I don't know if I'll be considered for the position or not. At this point, I'm not too worried about it. I do have a phone interview scheduled for the job here in Iowa. I have no idea what to expect and I'm not even sure I want the job, but at the very least it will be practice interviewing which I haven't done in a while.

As for my weight this week. I gained 1.5 pounds last week. This isn't as bad as I thought it would be but it's still not losing. I have been eating everything in sight...well not really but too much to lose weight. It's all out of boredom and I'm aware of this. Unfortunately, I am bored.

The one saving grace is that I leave for San Diego in a week and a half. I'm going out for four days to go my friend's memorial service. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone as well as having some warm weather.

Have a great rest of the week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your job search. I'll be going through the same thing in the next few weeks.

Have a great time in San Diego!

Spider said...

Stay warm Maddog... good luck on the job search...

Donnie said...

I'll have my fingers crossed that all goes well on the "job search" front.

Make sure to soak up all the California sun you can...

Sorted Lives said...

Good luck on the job search. You could always come to FL. The weather is warmer and there are some great people here too!!

Take care.

Anonymous said...

Have a Happy Valentines Day Maddog!!

dirk.mancuso said...

Oh Maddog...if you are bored in Iowa, Oklahoma is not the route to go. Have you considered Chicago?