Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Last week I mailed off all the scarves I had made. My friends A.N. and C.D. and K.E. and L.M. and S.H. and T.O. all got surprises in the mail over the weekend. They weren't expecting the packages and they all were pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately A.N., C.D. and T.O. had theirs delivered at school and caused a little bit of a sensation when they opened their boxes. Seems everyone is jealous that they didn't get a scarf. So yesterday, I was on the phone with two friends from school choosing what color they wanted for their scarves. In fact one is a teacher. They all loved them so much they want one for themselves.

So I won't be able to sit around a mope this weekend. I'll be crocheting my fingers off. I now have 6 scarves to finish by the middle of next week, and I have enough yarn for 20 more laying in my living room floor. It's actually been kind of fun doing these little projects. They take about an evening and a half to finish so it's not a long process. The hardest part is figuring out what color works for each person. I'll post pictures of the latest creations later in the week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want mine the rainbow colors. :)

KipEsquire said...

I'm jealous that you have so many scarf-worthy friends...

Anonymous said...

I cannot keep up with all the initials for your friends! *head explodes*

Donnie said...

Growing up, I had crocheted "everything". Both my Mom and Gramma crocheted. I still love my two crocheted blankets! ;)

Mike said...

Fine. I guess the crochet'd flip-flops are completely out of the question.

*pouts*

Joel said...

I want to see them. I was going to hire this friend of mine to make me a scarf (I lost mine last year ato one of my daughter's ball games) but she got laid off from work and I hate to ask her...hehehehe...hint. Just kidding.

Anyway, glad you were able to surprise your friends. I bet they were talking good about you.