Saturday, February 10, 2007

I dropped off my application materials today. The results are now out of my hands. The secretary was kind of funny, commenting on the fact that I was turning in my stuff a week late. I didn't tell her that I wasn't going to apply at all. I just ask her not to hold it against me and left it at that. We'll see in the next week or so how this turns out.

I also mailed out seven scarves today. Unfortunately, I was boxing up the last scarf when I realized I had never taken a picture of them. You'll just have to trust me that this batch was nicer than the last batch. I realized today that it actually cost more to mail them, than it does to buy the materials. Not that I mind. It really is a labor of love. It's also been a way for me to reach out to my blogger friends. This guy asked for a scarf for himself and his dog Diamond. And this guy asked for a rainbow scarf. Both scarves have been finished. One is on the way, including a scarf for Diamond, and the other scarf will be mailed on Monday. I have started my own little club of people who have Maddog scarves.

I also went to the movies today. Since it's only $4.00 a movie here for a matinee I don't sweat going much. In NYC it's almost $11.00 bucks so to go very often gets to be expensive. Today I saw Happily N'Ever After. It was awful. In fact, if I'd had just about anything else to do tonight I would have left about 30 minutes into it. But since I'm in Iowa with little else to do, I stayed. It did not get better. I highly recommend NOT seeing this film, even at home on DVD. There was nothing redeeming about it. Of course going to the movie did allow me to see the guy who works at the theatre. He's by far the best looking guy I've seen in Iowa. He's been there every time I've gone and it's always a pleasure to see him.

That's it for this very cold Friday night. I hope everyone has a wonderful, and relaxing weekend.

8 comments:

Thomas (Tom) Rimington said...

I know you didn't forget that I wanted one... Black w/red pinstripe...

Tom

Unknown said...

it is getting cold here in VA... how much are they?? Can Jeff and I get matching ones?? I like the idea of rainbow ones??

Anonymous said...

I think you found a niche for yourself with making scarves. Scarves by Maddog :)
Looking forward to seeing some photos.

I heard a lot of bad things about that movie. I will steer clear. I hate going to the theater and seeing something really bad. I try to pick and choose what i go to see. If there's a hot guy working at the theater, than all bets are off ;)

Jimmi said...

The other scarves you did were great, I'm sure these once were really nice too. Wow $4 for a movie??? It $10 here in Phoenix and that to me is $5 too much... Then you end up getting popcorn and soda and you spend another $8 so if you have a date, its $36 or so? Movies are NOT a cheap date anymore. The thing is, people will probably not go to the movies as much so they really aren't gaining that much in revenue verse if they lowered the price. The only time they will rake in the bucks is on the anticipated movies that everyone can't wait to see like "Titanic" or "Jurassic Park" etc...

Spider said...

Lucky men - is it too late to put an order in?

Have a great week - good luck to you!

Pete said...

You taking orders? Sorry the movie blew. At least it was only four bucks. For me the money isn't the issue when the movie is bad it's the time I spent watching it that I want back.

Donnie said...

Yes, I should've warned you about the movie....I saw it when it first came out. Even Andy Dick couldn't rescue this film.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a textile skill as I'd feel bad not offering you something in return, but I'm totally jealous some people are getting scarves!