Monday, February 19, 2007

I woke up yesterday with the beginnings of a cold. I attributed most of it to allergies, so I took some Claritin and after a couple of hours felt okay and I thought the worst of it was behind me. That was not the case. I woke up this morning and it was back with a vengeance. I'm congested, tired, sneezing and just feel overall like crap. I found the local pharmacy and bought some Sudafed Sinus medicine. It's helped a little but I still feel like crap. I got home around 4:00 and by 4:15 I was taking a nap. I had thought I would sleep for about 30 minutes. I woke up to the phone ringing at 7:00. I had been SOUNDLY asleep, dreaming about school. Who knows how long I would have slept if the phone hadn't woke me up. I will probably never get to sleep tonight after sleeping so late in the afternoon.

The worst part about the cold is that I'm a terrible sick person. I have the hardest time functioning when I am sick and like to do pretty much nothing but sleep. Unfortunately, I have a very busy week. Classes are going to take a lot of planning. In fact, one class I'm winging tomorrow, because I just didn't have the energy to do what I had planned. I'm also in the process of doing a design for the local high school. They have a brand new theatre space and this will be their first fully produced production. It's not a very complicated show, but it still takes work. I was surprised last Friday with the information that the design had to be completed before I left to go to San Diego on Thursday. I spent the weekend figuring out the rough designs. Tomorrow after class, I have to solidify my ideas and start drafting them. I don't like drafting on a good day, but I especially don't like it when I am sick. Perhaps Donnie or Digital would like to do some drafting for me? Luckily the design isn't very complicated and shouldn't take long to do, it's just the reality that I have to do it.

I'm going to try and get some sleep now.

4 comments:

KipEsquire said...

So...who was on the phone? Did you curse them out? ;-)

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't get sick and that you got some rest.

Donnie said...

Well maddog, I'm not cheap, but I can be had! ;)

I hope you feel better before you have to fly to San Diego. Flying sick has to be the worst thing!

Ur-spo said...

i wish i was there to do some pampering and nursing, or at least bitch slap you into getting decent sleep/taking time off.