Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I can't breathe. I haven't been able to breathe all day. And to make matters worse, my nose is running. I finally had to excuse myself today in class to go get tissue because I could no longer hide the fact that my nose was running.

I don't think I mentioned it but I had a job interview on Friday. I had the first interview to be hired for the full time tenure track position in Iowa. The interview went amazingly well. I don't think I could have been more on if I had wanted to. I had all the right answers and was able to answer all the questions honestly, with the answers I think they are looking for. Of course now it's just wait and see. I feel like the interview went well because I'm not 100% sure that I want the job. I just don't know if living in small town America is for me. But who knows we'll have to wait and see. But I do think that interviews for jobs you don't want always go better because there's no pressure. If it works out great. If it doesn't great.

I also know that someone from my small town is reading my blog. The hit shows up every couple of days on my site counter. I continue to hope that it's the guy that I met on line who told me he had found my blog. I would hate to think that some student of mine has found me and reading my deep dark secrets. Actually, I haven't told any truly deep dark secrets in a while. The more I get to know all of you the more I edit myself. I don't want you to find out what I am really like because then you won't like me. At least that's my perception.

7 comments:

KipEsquire said...

"I don't want you to find out what I am really like because then you won't like me."

In my case it's more like "...because you'll find out how boring I am..."

(P.S. I'll still like you.)

Unknown said...

Hey, we like you, no matter what... don't be scared...

Spider said...

MADDOG! We are all friends here... please don't feel like we are going to judge yoy because trust me, I KNOW this crowd, and no one here would do that. We ALL want to get to know you better!

I hope no one has given you the perception that anyone here would judge you...

I think you are a FANTASTIC guy and would LOVE to learn more about Maddog!

dirk.mancuso said...

"I don't want you to find out what I am really like because then you won't like me."

Maddog...that should be MY line! Sometimes I read the stuff I have posted and am surprised I have a single reader left.

Face it: you're good enough, you;re smart enough, and dog-gone-it! -- people like you.

Donnie said...

Let me just reiterate what everyone else has already said...blog away, we already like you. Nothing you could blog would make me think that.

I'm glad to hear the interview went well.

I'm sorry about your cold. Being a sick instructor is the worst! You just don't want to do anything but vegetate. Take care of yourself maddog...remember, lots of fluids and rest.

Ur-spo said...

how odd though,
as I get to know you more and really know you I like you more.
Please take a sinutab
and a chill pill.

Anonymous said...

Do you really want to be liked by people who wouldn't like you? Let it all hang out.